Saturday, June 4, 2016

Good evening, ladies and gentleman. Tonight, I thought instead of making a Top 10 list or talk about one of my favorite animated shows, I thought I could talk about what I'd like to do this summer, and also set some goals that could at least completed by the end of August. For one, I'd like to finish ALL of my books that I got at Half Price Books and Barnes and Noble. Some of the books that I got were stuff that were by Scholastic, usually stuff like Goosebumps, the more recent history-disaster anthology series I Survived, books that aren't even sold anymore(even the there's been recent remake based of original said series' spin-off books), like the Bionicle short novellas and chapter books, catch up with all of the A Series of Unfortunate Events books in time for the upcoming Netflix series, as well as possibly start with recent series Spirit Animals as well as read classic literature like The Wind in the Willows(even though I didn't get it at Half Price Books or Barns and Noble, I got it for Easter from my grandmother.). What I'd really like to do this summer(aside from finish books that haven't been finished yet like my Wizard of Oz compilation book I got in the summer of 2014), is read more books that are classic literature like The Jungle Book by Rudyard Kipling. The reason I mentioned the latter is because I saw the 2016 live-action Disney film that was remake of the 1967 animated film and I'd really love to read books that are mostly classic literature and/or almost anything by Scholastic. Speaking of classic literature, I've been somewhat interested in wanting to get into a more recent book series, The Land of Stories(by Chris Colfer, of Glee fame of all people), a book series about 2 twins siblings who a transported to titular Land of Stories, were they end up meeting several famous fairy-tale characters, like Red Riding Hood, Jack from Jack and the Beanstalk, Cinderella, who is now a queen and is also pregnant, and even a humanoid frog former-prince literally named Froggy. It sounds really interesting since it uses all the classic fairy-tale characters that we all know and love. Another thing I'd like to do this summer is play Wii U games with my family; my sister has only play games like Mario Kart 8, Super Mario 3D World, and Super Smash Bros for Wii U and 3DS and it would be a blast to play it all with them(if only I could find the other Wii Remote!). I'd also like to see movies that have been well-received and have become box-office powerhouses, like
Captain America: Civil War(which I have yet to seen), The BFG(based of the Roald Dahl book of the same name, which I've read)which will be legendary Steven Spielberg's first Disney film,  and eat out at Cane's chicken restaurant.

That'll be all for tonight, but hope you've had fun reading this email of my to-do stuff for summer of 2016. See you later!!!     

No comments:

Post a Comment