Thursday, June 23, 2016

Good afternoon, my friends! Today was another great day of mine that I only hope can get better, and I'm a huge fan of reading, I thought I could talk about some of my most anticipated books that I hope to read this year or sooner. When it comes to reading, I usually prefer classic literature, almost anything by Scholastic, or anything that'd be considered a graphic novel, since back then when I was younger , I preferred to read anything that had pictures, but thankfully, I have an understanding of classic literature and books, so I tend to have a books on my shelf that seem to vary in demographics, but that's fine, because nearly almost any kind of books are also for adults make by adults.
I should mention that this won't really be a Top 10 list; it's more of books that I'm ranking based on how much I'm anticipated and/or excited for them.

Let's get started!

Ashoka (Star Wars novel by E.K. Johnston release-date: October 11, 2016)
Image result for ahsoka star wars novel
Now this is the only book on this list that'll be a current book, seeing as how it's being released in the fall of this year. As I said on my Gmail account with my emails, I'm more of a causal Star Wars fan; I've only seen the beloved original trilogy, some of the prequel films, the TV series Star Wars: The Clone Wars and Star Wars Rebels, and even played some of the video games and my brother cooper has a lot of novels in the galaxy far, far, away. And seeing as how this going to be based on of the most fan-favorite characters of the franchise, it looks to be another solid entry for the recent novels. The book will be about Ashoka Tano, Jedi in-training, set after the events at the end of The Clone Wars and also the recent Rebels cartoon. It'll be interesting what happened to are favorite Jedi-turned fugitive and how she'll be copping with depression after being framed for several bombings, murder. and treason.

Strange Case of Dr. Jeykll and Mr Hyde


No we're getting into more of classic literature, seeing as how nowadays, I love to read classic stories that have been adapted into film, giving me more appreciation for the books that were based off of. Also, seeing as how I'm more into animation than live-action, I've seen this classic character in the 1994(the year I was born) family film The Pagemaster, in which he was voiced by the sadly now deceased Leonard Nimoy, it shouldn't be to hard for me to branch out to something that's a lot more frightening and scary that's also a part of the Universal Monsters horror-film franchise. And again it gives me hope of reading books that have been turned into equally-acclaimed films that both the fans of the book and audiences can appreciate together, and that'll it make for fun chills and thrills!

Infestation
  
It's a real shame that my book-shelf has little to no science-fiction, seeing as how the only sci-fi book I have is a Star Wars spin-off that's mean to be like Goosebumps of the franchise. And that's really a shame, because I've looked up almost everything on their website and they have almost no sci-fi novels that would seem interesting to me. But with this, it looks to be and homage to classical B-movies of the 1950's/60's, and it's also about gigantic mutant ants, which sounds pretty cool, seeing as how, as much as I love fantasy, I'm kind of more of a sci-fi sort of fan, which is reason as to why I love Transformers so much. Also, seeing as how this has ants and not spiders(I have a childhood fear of  arachnophobia!), this should be a lot more comfortable for me to read, seeing as how it's only 100-something pages long, which is usually the limit that I set myself to, seeing as how I sometimes become frustrated on how long a book is. But, that's what also makes me like it more; the longer it is, the more I like it, even though I'd prefer to reader shorter books.

TombQuest series
  TombQuest-series
Now that we're still on the the subject of Scholastic books, this looks to be another solid series that I can easily get into, seeing as how there's only 5 books in the series. And considering I'm kind of a sucker for Egyptian mythology(I come from a religious Christian family and I love the story of Moses), it looks to be a really fun entry into the world of fantasy, and I'm also a sucker for the cliched yet classic "good-verses-evil" kind of stories, which is a reason I love LEGO's Bionicle so much. It also got some good reviews from the internet and is also a New York Times bestseller(the first book, that is.).

The Hobbit


Going back to books that have been turned into movies/film series, I was browsing the internet today and saw this book at #25 on the BBC's The Big Read, in which 3 quarters of a million votes were received from the British public to find some of the most beloved stories of all time, and even better, my younger brother Cooper has a copy of this book. And seeing as how this is good old J.R.R. Tolken were talking about, this should be another great novel that I can appreciate the movie that it's based of off. Also, seeing as how that the live-action films aren't the only adaptation of the story, I could definitely see this as an all time classic, next to The Wonderful Wizard of Oz.


That's all for now, but I'll be back tomorrow to conclude this list!
See you soon!





No comments:

Post a Comment