Tuesday, June 28, 2016


Good afternoon, and I'm sorry if I haven't gotten around to finishing these list of my most anticipated books; I've been very busy with other chores around the house and I figured that if I finished this list, I'd take too long, but now that I'm back, I intend to finish this bad boy of a list!

Time to my finish my most anticipated books!

Treasure Island

Coming from the same author of Dr Jeykll and Mr Hyde, this looks to be, just as probably more exciting and fun than the author's other spooky horror story about a doctor-turned monster. The reason that more excited for this book more than Jeykll is because of it's a story about treasure-hunting, pirates, and adventure, and considering that I grew up watching Disney's Treasure Planet when I was in middle-school, that's saying kind of a lot. I'm also kind of a sucker for stories and/or movies about pirates, and it will be very interesting to read about the beloved characters, especially the legendary Long John Silver, whom I'm very interested to know about from this classic tale. And considering that this book has had a lot of adaptions in TV and film, it shouldn't be to hard to get into.

Amulet series
  
Back when I was very young, I mostly read books for pictures, and there were 2 book series that I'd read more than anything, and those were the Hank the Cowdog series and the Captain Underpants series, the latter I read more than mostly because it was mostly a children's graphic novel sort of series. That and I also read Calvin and Hobbes by Bill Watterson, but that's for another day. The reason why I'm a lot more excited than the other book series is because it's a graphic novel series for the young and old alike, considering it's by Scholastic, so it should be good. The books also seem to remind a lot of other child-hero book series like A Series of Unfortunate Events or Harry Potter. The books also remind of a Japanese anime Studio-Ghibli movie, which is appropriate, seeing as how the author and illustrator, Kazu Kibuishi, is Japanese-American, so it's no surprise to see were it's influence came from.

Honorable-mentions:

Lawless

No this looks to be a really cool book series; it's about a young girl who's a criminal mastermind and must somehow save the world. No I haven't been to major retail book stores lately and found this on any shelves, but this look to be a very fun series to read. And I'm kind of a sucker for the "heroic-criminal" sort of character, which we'll also see in the other honorable mentions.

Battle-Bugs series


Like I mentioned last time with the book Infestation, I was a little disappointed to know that I had very little books/book series that are part of the sci-fi genre; most of the books that are have are just fantasy, (children's)horror, classic literature, movie tie-in novels, humor-books, or young-adult novels like the Theodore Boone series. And that's a shame because this looks to be a really cool sc-fi series that looks as fun as it's covers. But hopefully it won't scare me, considering I have a childhood fear of arachnophobia.

Titanic: Voices of the Disaster


Now let just start off by saying that the infamous Titanic accident, while tragic, is one of my favorite historical-disasters off all time; if seen it in picture books when I was younger, seen a documentary of it on TV, and of course, know about the famous movie of the same name, Titanic, directed by James Cameron and also composed by James Horner, my favorite film-composer. And seeing as how I'm not really a history-buff but like to know about history(as long as I'm not in school), this should aslo be a book that I'm very, very, VERY proud to own.

Artemis Fowl series
Artemis Fowl first edition cover.jpg

Now here is a good example of a book series that I have heard has gotten a largely positive reception, but again, I have yet to read. I remember seeing a preview of it on the Spy Kids VHS tape on YouTube, and if I remember correctly, saw it in my local Randalls on shelves, and I think I remember seeing a preview for it on Disney Channel(maybe.). Anyways, this looks to be another great young-adult series that I can get into without complaint or annoyance, and it looks like a fun adventure-sci-fi/fantasy series that only the like of an Irish author and even got itself it's own graphic-novels between 2009, 2013,  and 2014, so that sounds pretty cool.

The Land of Stories: An Author's Odyssey

I try hard not to repeat myself one to many times about stuff I'd like to get into, but this is one book that has yet to be released expect for online purchase, probably a pre-order of some sort.
And considering I'm a sucker for classic literary characters and their stories, this looks to be anothe best-seller for former Glee star Chris Colfer.

And my most anticipated book that I'd love to read is...

The Jungle Book

Now I know I really try hard not to repeat myself, but I'm practically in love with classic literature and the imagination that it can bring to me and take me to immersive settings that people like me could only dream of. And considering that the recent live-action remake by Disney is on of my favorite live-action films of theirs, this looks to be a book that can read at anytime and not complain that isn't any pictures in. It should also be known that the book itself is a series of episodic short stories, so I shouldn't complain about how long it is exactly, because even though I'm not really the kind of person who enjoys waiting, I mostly like if some of my activities are longer, giving me a better experience and overall enjoyment of how much I love my own hobbies in general. And seeing that I saw the animated Disney version of it when I was younger and have yet to see it all the way as an adult, it should hopefully become one of my favorite novels of all time, right next books like The Wonderful Wizard of Oz, Alice in Wonderland, The Trumpet of the Swan, and many more beloved books/book series that I hold near and dear to my heart.

Thanks for joining me on this list and hope to hear from you soon, and I always enjoyed it if you hear back from me, so please see if you can!

See you soon!
   
 
     

No comments:

Post a Comment