Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Summer's Greetings, everyone! As of now I'd like to tell you all about what I read in my Bible. I read Proverbs 30 and Matthew 1.
Proverbs 30 says that,
"Every word of God proves true.
He is a shield to all who come to
for protection.

I think that since we are all Christians, we should listen to his words of wisdom and heed EVERY thing he says.

I also read Matthew 1 and it says that Mary had a virgin birth, whom I might add also gave birth to Jesus. I think what the Lord is trying to say that sex is AND was intended to be a good thing in this universe. I really hate how the media nowadays(Ted, Project X, Kick-Ass) is using mostly sex-related humor, alcohol, domestic violence, and drugs to get a laugh. I think that every one needs to learn the true meaning of sex and THEN and ONLY then should they involve sex.


Just this yesterday I worked with Ms. Nina and put hot dogs in tin foil and stored them for Vacation Bible School. I think I like working at someone's house rather than work at building have it take longer than that. And speaking of Ms. Nina, I'm going to be working at her house again today. I'm not really sure what we are going to be doing there but we'll see what happens. We also just might go swimming again at Grandma Christine's house. 

And now, to finish this off I'm going to do a quick review of Despicable Me 2, which has made more money than it's predecessor and is said to be even better than the first film. If you all want to know what it's about, here's what's about: In this film Gru(voiced by Steve Carrel) has now become an adoptable father to 3 young girls(Margo, Agnes, Edith) and has set aside his life of villainy for good. But that quickly changes when he is taken by Lucy(voiced by Kristen Wigg) of the Anti Villain League(AVL for short.) a team of secret agents who look for former villains and devote their life to fighting crime. And also there's this mutagen formula that can turn anyone into fearsome, enraged, deadly violent-tempered monsters. This film was announced in July 2010, the month of the release of the 1st film. Originally, Al Pacino was supposed to voice the villain of the sequel, but left due to creative differences. So instead, they went with Benjamin Bratt to be the voice. To promote the film, a blimp called "the Despicablimp" took off and flew in San Francisco, California. When it was released on July 3, 2013, it even WAYYYYYYY better than the first film! It managed to gross $306 million in North America, and $354 million in other countries, with big box-office blast of $661 million! WHHOOOOAA! And the critics just loved this film even better than the first film! 

I should also bring up that Mrs Simmons commented on my last blog and we also met up with her at Kohls a last week when we were getting a t-shirt for and some wall-stickers for my bedroom. 

Well, that's all, folks! I hope you enjoyed it! Bye-bye-bye-bye-bye!

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm...very interesting Connor Brown! But, I have a question for you. How come Mrs. Simmons made the blog, but I never have? What am I...chopped liver??? Just kidding! Love you monkey! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the review of Despicable Me 2! I was curious about the story line and you answered all of my questions. Abby's grandmother ended up taking her to see it but she wants to watch it again because she liked it so much. I guess the two of you agree that it is a winner!

    It was really, really great to see you and your mom that day at Kohl's. I also feel very honored to be mentioned in your blog. Does that make me a celebrity??? :)

    Take care Connor Brown and I look forward to your next post...

    ReplyDelete